Dated 08 April 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Company (the “Meeting”) will be held at 7.00 pm on Wednesday 22 April 2020 at the Newlands Centre, Romanno Bridge, West Linton, EH46 7BZ for the following purposes:
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions on public spaces and meetings it is expected that a face to face AGM will not be convened and instead all votes and correspondence to the board should be via electronic means or post.
Update on negotiations with SBC
Update on Newlands Memorial Hall project.
To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following resolutions which will be proposed as ordinary resolutions:
- To re-appoint Joe Fernand, who is required to retire at the Meeting and, being eligible, offers himself for re-appointment, as a director of the Company;
- To re-appoint Neil Hall, who is required to retire at the Meeting, and, being eligible, offers himself for re-appointment, as a director of the Company;
- To re-appoint Jamie Prady, who is required to retire at the Meeting, and, being eligible, offers himself for re-appointment, as a director of the Company;
- To nominate and appoint up to three (3) additional Directors to the Board.
1. A member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and, on a poll, vote in his place. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. A form of proxy is enclosed which includes notes on the completion and return of the form. The appointment of a proxy will not prevent you from subsequently attending and voting at the Meeting in person.
3. The proxy form, and any power of attorney or other authority under which it is executed (or a duly certified copy of any such power or authority), must be deposited at the Company Secretary’s address, the details of which are given below, not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the Meeting and if not so deposited shall be invalid.
Explanatory Notes to the Notice of Annual General Meeting 2020
Resolutions 1 and 2
Resolutions 1 and 2 relate to the proposals to re-appoint each of Joe Fernand, Neil Hall, and Jamie Prady as directors of the Company. In accordance with the Company’s articles of association, each retires by rotation at the AGM. Being eligible, each of Joe Fernand, Neil Hall, and Jamie Prady offers themselves for re-appointment.
To nominate and appoint up to three (3) new Directors to the Board.