’Outreach Judo’ is the training arm of Peebles Judo Club and deliver Judo at Newlands Activity Centre for P1 to P7 – coaching is headed up by Colin Aitken assisted by Dave Anderson.
A quick introduction from Colin:
- I have over 15 years’ experience coaching judo, 40 years of playing Judo, and I am currently graded at 4th degree black belt.
- I hold a UKCCL3 coaching certificate. All my qualifications and certificates will be available for you to examine on Monday evening.
- I am the Director of Training at Outreach Judo which is an extremely well-established and fun Judo club with over 100 members ranging in age from 5 to 72!
- I now work full-time as a Judo coach in schools and clubs.
- I am an assistant coach to the national development squad and Police Scotland national coach.
- I am Lead Child Protection Officer for Judo Scotland.
The cost of the session is £5 per session.
If you wish to continue your Judo with me, you will become a member of “Outreach Judo”, which means you can train at Peebles for free on Wednesday evenings if you want. So if you miss your Monday session, you can come to The Gytes on Wednesdays.
We also run an academy class at Cardrona on a Sunday afternoon for the more serious player. Please speak to me if you’re interested in taking Judo a step further.
Really looking forward to meeting you all. It’ll be fun!
Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.
Yours in judo,
Find us on Facebook