Localities Bid Fund – Round 2
Scottish Borders Council (SBC) have allocated a total of £500,000 to the Localities Bid Fund for the purpose of piloting participatory budgeting across the Scottish Borders.
This fund is split across the five Area Partnership areas and will support community projects and initiatives using participatory budgeting (public voting). The fund’s aim is to achieve local priorities and benefit communities, by supporting community groups to fund ideas and projects which improve the lives of people living in the Scottish Borders.
The fund is also aligned to the themes of the Scottish Borders Community Planning Partnership’s Community Plan and our Corporate Plan, and if applicable any locally identified priorities by your local Area Partnership.
Newlands StageCraft Crew
Newlands StageCraft Crew bid for £15k to enable us to install a flown lighting rig which will allow us to convert Newlands Activity Centre into a first class Performance, Event and Music Venue plus offer budding stage and lighting Technicians the opportunity to train and learn the art of StageCraft.
Vote for Newlands StageCraft Crew in the Public Vote to allow us to turn our plans into a reality and deliver an exciting array of events, training and performances here at Newlands.
- Local residents and communities can vote on which projects should receive funding
- The public vote will take place between Thursday 16th May 2019 and Thursday 6th June 2019 (dates may be subject to change – dependent on potential Elections etc.)
- You can only vote if you live in the Scottish Borders and are aged 16 years and over
- You can now pre-register before and during the public vote
- For online voting via the SBC Consul platform
- For postal voting by calling or writing to SBC
- You will be able to vote either online, at a voting event or by post (further details on how you can do this will follow)
- Residents wishing to vote by proxy can do (further details on how you can do this will follow)
- You will get one opportunity to vote
- All votes will be verified
- Your postcode will determine which locality/area you can vote in
- You will have a mandatory number of votes to cast. The number of mandatory votes is dependent on the number of projects in your locality/area going forward to the public vote.
Vote Online – 16th May to 6th June 2019
Vote in Person – Saturday 1 June 2019
10am – 2pm at the Parish Church in Peebles